Sunday 28 April 2013

Pencils, Paints, Crayons and Love

Today, I did something I have not done in a long time.
I unwrapped a fresh canvas and let my heart draw on it.

I set my babies up by my side with their paints and sets of water colour paper,
and we went to work.

Never with an idea in my mind, my work draws itself on the canvas.
My pencil makes shapes without control, my pastels shade and blend
driven only by a sense of balance.
Crayons and paints smooth together creating texture and movement.

My babies made self portraits and pictures of their dad.
They played in the colours of their watercolour paints,
adventurously blending colours and experimenting with what might happen.

This is how things look at the end of the day.
Some are already hung on the fridge.
Mine is awaiting the final touches.



No comments:

Post a Comment